We are looking for a HR Advisor with dedication and who can go the extra mile. We are a well established family run company with a growing HR and L&D department. You will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills in a varied and busy role.
To work on all aspects of HR, to provide HR advice and support to colleagues, to keep the HR Manager updated on progress.
Key areas of responsibility
- Act as the first point of contact and provide comprehensive HR expertise to Operations Team and staff members in all Employee Relation (ER) matters
- Record all HR activities on the HR tracker and seek guidance from the HR Manager where needed
- Oversee content of central HR email address and allocate activities accordingly
- Ensure that company/government guidelines, employment/ACAS legislation and best practice are followed at all times
- Ensure any potential risks which may arise out of ER related meetings are dealt with effectively and within the appropriate time frames
- Support the operations team in the field which may mean carrying out site visits and supporting on site meetings
- Manager ER cases from advice stage through to resolution including writing letters.
- Ensure comprehensive HR records are maintained in accordance with the company’s policy and legal requirements
- Assist the HR Manager in developing and promoting HR policies and procedures
- Support recruitment activities ensuring the best individuals are selected
- To keep up to date with developments in Employment Legislation and best practice, to ensure contributions to the development of the HR department’s goals and objectives
- To deliver efficient HR related administration in a timely manner e.g. letter writing, record keeping, filing, documented evidence etc
- To deal with Third Party Pressure effectively and limiting risk to the business
- Liaise with Peninsula to ensure indemnity cover and prevent any risk to the company
- Give support to the Payroll department advising on right to work for potential employees as well as owning the right to work process for existing employees
- To oversee the day to day running of the HR function when the HR Manager is out of the office and report to the HR/L&D Director if support or guidance is needed
- To support the company’s CSR objectives
The duties listed above are not conclusive and you may be required to carry out duties in addition to the above in order to meet the needs of the client, the company or your team.
Necessary qualifications, skills and experience
- CIPD qualification or HR Degree
- High degree of customer service, confidentiality and professionalism
- Organised, methodical, proactive with excellent time management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package
- A high standard of verbal and written English (ESOL Level 2 or GCSE A to C grade)
- Ability to communicate advice, instructions and information clearly and concisely
- Experience of working in HR is essential
- A comprehensive understanding of current Employment Law with the ability to apply this knowledge and advise colleagues confidently