With The Great Property Bike Ride drawing closer, we asked the Regular Cleaning participants how they were feeling about the event. We wanted to know what made them want to take part and what they were most looking forward to about the day.
Taking place on the 14th June 2023, The Great Property Bike Ride brings together over 850 property professionals for a cycling fundraiser in aid of MacMillan Cancer Support. Raising money and awareness for this brilliant charity, we’re so happy to have some of our own taking part in this exciting event.
We asked the riders some questions to find out more about why they wanted to participate in this charity bike ride. Donations to support Macmillan Cancer Support can be made here>>>
1. What made you want to do the bike ride? I wanted to do it because I love to help these kinds of charities to support people in need, and I love to ride my bike.
2. How much do you usually cycle, and do you have racing experience? I normally cycle every weekend with a bit of experience.
3. What have you been doing to prepare for the bike ride? I normally ride at weekends and take part in other charities like Ride London.
4. What are you most looking forward to about the race? I am looking forward to completing the race.
5. How do you expect to do in the race? I don’t know to be honest, this is my first time I am going to ride with them.
6. How will you celebrate completing the race? Some food maybe and a drink😃
1. What made you want to do the bike ride? There were several reasons when I was asked. I want to give my time to worthy causes and support Regular Cleaning and our clients in making a difference to people’s lives. I also wanted to do the ride as a sort of personal challenge, i.e., can I get to the end? And besides, it will be fun!!!!!
2. How much do you usually cycle, and do you have racing experience? I cycle for recreation and general well-being, I certainly don’t race. Well, except against myself, far too old to race. It’s more for mental health, I think through a lot when I’m on my bike. In terms of distance, it depends on the time I have, so anything between 50-100 miles in a good week.
3. What have you been doing to prepare for the bike ride? I’ve been practicing on hills and building up the strength in my legs (and lungs) and working on being able to set a steady pace and maintaining it. That has been a challenge so far.
4. What are you most looking forward to about the event? Beginning as part of a team and proving to myself that I can do it. I’m not going the maximum distance, but getting to the end will be an achievement, and helping raise money for a good cause is the real bonus.
5. Who do you think will come first out of the Regular Cleaning participants? Not me, I will be bringing up the rear. I’ll find out when I get to the finish line.
6. How will you celebrate completing the race? Good question, I guess it will be relief, and probably a couple of beers when I get home as a well done to myself.
1. What made you want to do the bike ride? I enjoy cycling and spend time with my family and friends doing this in my spare time.
2. How much do you usually cycle, and do you have racing experience? I have done some previous rides like Ride London 100 a couple of times. I’m a fair weather cyclist, enjoying summer rides, good time to clear your head too!
3. What have you been doing to prepare for the bike ride? I have been training with a few road rides.
4. What are you most looking forward to about the race? Riding with the team and meeting the CBRE team. There is some great scenery on the ride too!
5. Who do you think will come first out of the Regular Cleaning participants? Gustavo, as he rides the most.
6. How will you celebrate completing the race? A drink with the team I think😊
Adam Obee, Vergo
1. What made you want to do the bike ride? In the last year, I have focused my efforts outside of work to improve my physical and mental health. Through this process, I have lost just under seven stone in weight, which is an excellent opportunity to test myself. MacMillan Cancer Support is also a charity very close to my heart. They supported my late father before his passing in 2021 and have since provided grief counselling to my mother. Their work is truly unique, and this is my opportunity to help give something back.
2. How much do you usually cycle, and do you have racing experience? I usually cycle 5-10 miles weekly but have been working on other cardio fitness.
3. What have you been doing to prepare for the bike ride? I am currently increasing my cycle times and distance.
4. What are you most looking forward to about the race? It is being part of a team and pushing myself as much as possible.
5. How do you expect to do in the race? Whilst I would love to finish 1st, I am looking for a personal best (25 miles in under 2 ½ hours)
6. How will you celebrate completing the race? I’ll be raising a glass to those we miss — the survivors of cancer and those who continue to support everyone going through the journey.
Partnering For Change: Our Sponsors
It’s brilliant to see so many property professionals getting together to raise money for such a worthy cause and we’re thrilled to have our own Regular Cleaning colleagues truly living our values and taking part. Above all, we’re so excited to see the money and awareness that this event raises for MacMillan.
A huge thank you to our sponsors: Planet Mark, Vergo Pest Management, Wessex, Planteria, Simply Washrooms, FAB, Tailormade and Team Software by WorkWave.